Saturday, October 5, 2013

Donuts

Here's my latest painting, Donuts, just finished today. I'm very happy with it. It took 4 hours of painting time, and a whole week of artist's block! :) Here's the evolution of the painting. It's based on a photo I took (last photo). And it's 12" square. Kind of small for me, but I think I like this size!

Peanut donut

Cinnamon bun and cream filled

Chocolate frosting

Darken darks and work on cinnamon bun

White cream, hilites on chocolate, and glaze on bun

Add a few crumbs, and sign!

And here is the reference photo I used. It was dull, so I "ortonized" it to bring out more vivid coloring.

Photo I created and used to do this painting.


1 comment:

  1. Earlier this month, my Donuts painting was featured in the Acrylic Painting group on Redbubble.com!

    ReplyDelete